How do we treat?
Osteopaths are musculo-skeletal experts that use gentle techniques within the treatment, focusing on the free motion and alignment of the body framework and utilizing the important link between the structure of the body and its function.
Osteopathic techniques commonly used during a treatment include:
- Soft tissue massage – releasing tightened muscles
- Articulation – joints are taken through their natural range of motion to improve movement
- Muscle energy technique – aims at lengthening shortened muscles and again increasing range of motion of a tight joint
- Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Stretching & exercise prescription